Foods That Are Good For Your Skin
We’ve all heard the expression, “You are what you eat.” It seems like every day there is more and more evidence supporting the theory that fried or other fatty foods are bad for you and can cause you to look and feel older, more tired, and unhealthy. Here is a list of foods that are good for your skin, and your health.
- Berries such as strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and even cherries not only help the skin look and feel better, but they also protect your body’s collagen (for elasticity) and fight cancer.
- Green Tea has too many benefits to list so all we’re going to say is Drink It!
- Cantaloupe reduces free radicals which damage your body and your skin.
- Citrus Fruits such as oranges and grapefruits are packed with Vitamin C. This means that they are great for helping fight colds and reducing wrinkles.
- Eggs contain iron to help reduce dark circles under the eyes and Vitamin A to keep your skin supple.
- Low Fat Dairy Products are also rich in Vitamin A.
- Fish are rich in Omega3 which wards off inflammation. We hear that Jennifer Lopez eats a lot of salmon to get that beautiful glow!
- Whole Wheat Grains contain selenium which aide the cellular development of skin.
- Green Leafy Vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli, contain Vitamin A which helps to protect skin from long term sun damage and helps renew skin health.
- Nuts have Vitamin E which helps your skin retain hydration making it an effective nutrient for fighting wrinkles and acne.
- Water flushes the toxins out of your body and keeps you hydrated.
There are many other delicious fruits, vegetables and lean meats that are good for you and help your skin look and feel better. Eat them as snacks or mix them together to create a scrumptious dish. Then read our post on how to get smooth skin!